Thursday, October 12, 2006

Carry on....Make it Work



I was a total couch potato last night. 9:00 Lost was on, one of my favorite shows ever. Every time it ends, Bob and I sit there wanting more. Then at 10, Project Runway. I can't wait until the finale next week. I'm rooting for Michael. Love him. He is so cool and funny, and I think his designs are great.
Today Tracy and I went to "mums" group at Grace Church. Her and her sister-in-law have been going for a couple of years. She always asks me to go, but she asks at 9am on the morning of, and it starts at 9:30. A little notice would be nice. So she called me last night and told me about today's. It's once a month, and you go and have coffee and breakfast for the first 1/2 hour. Then they have an inspirational speaker, and as Tracy said, every speaker is amazing and brings tears to her eyes. Today was no exception. The woman who spoke really did open my eyes to many changes I need to make in my life. I'm looking forward to going again next month.

As we were driving home, I asked Grace what her and Denny did in the play room while I was gone. Grace said "I was talking on the phone." When I asked who she was talking to, she said, "I was talking to you momma, I missed you so much." Such a sweetheart, she missed me so much and I was only away from her for 2 hours.
Saturday morning Bob and I are doing the Race for A Cure. It's going to be sooooo cold (and yes, it did snow today) because it takes place downtown on the lake.
Other than that, we are going to lay low this weekend. I think another pot of soup will be made to keep us warm.


Proverbial saying today is on Caution & Care:
Measure a thousand times, cut once ~ Turkish
If you call one wolf, you invite the pack ~ Bulgarian
Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion ~ Egyptian

2 comments:

JCharlton said...

2 Things...
1. Totally start watching Grey's Anatomy and I can help fill you in. I started during its second season and then rented the whole first season. You will be hooked.
2. I need some new soup recipes!

nina beana said...

your group sounds great. i'd be a total headcase if it weren't for my mama friends keeping me grounded while our kids go crazy at parks, etc. seriously. i'd be a freak.

have a great weekend, cold and all!

xo