Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SLEEP

I am on 3 hours of sleep. Bob is on 3 hours sleep. Neither of us are very happy today. At least our jobs have separated us so we don't kill each other. But I'm in charge of the kids. What if I kill the kids. I am TIRED.
I don't know what got into G last night. Maybe a bad dream. I spent the evening at Tracy's, got home around 1am. At 3am, I hear Bob getting up from bed and Grace causing a commotion. Apparently she was in our bed for an hour or so, but was kicking the crap out of Bob (she gets that from me). So he took her back to her room, which she did not want to go. I had no idea that this had been going on for some time now, so I said I'd take a turn. I went downstairs and tried to calm G down. Once she seemed fine, I made my way back to bed. The moment my head hit the beautiful, soft pillow, Grace would start screaming again. This lasted for a good 2 hours. It was impossible to sleep with her yelling. IMPOSSIBLE.
By 5am Bob said "f*** it, I'm going to the gym." He left and I laid in bed, for some reason unable to sleep. Once I did finally fall asleep, I was awoken to the "momma, momma" call and it was almost 8am. Damn.
I look at these sweet pictures of them snoozing away, and I realize I can't be mad at Grace. I can be tired, but not mad. She had a bad night. Today will eventually end and tonight will be better. Sleep will come.

2 comments:

Mayren said...

Aww, that sucks. Kids being super upset and feeling kinda helpless to make it better sucks alot.
I hope you all get a better nites rest this evening.
*hugs*

JCharlton said...

I have been there and I FEEL your pain. It was almost easier when you knew that they would be up every few hours, but when you are used to sleeping through and get woken up that is the worst. I'll think positive sleep thoughts for you tonight!