Monday, February 19, 2007

Fund Raiser

The fund raiser was a success. The turn out was huge and it was so touching to see so many people come out and support T and the kids. Everyone I have talked to since have told me what a fun time they had. I know Bob and I enjoyed the evening. I am kind of sad that it is over. And wouldn't you know it, we won the big prize. 4 tickets to a Cavs game, seats 5 rows from the floor. I almost felt bad for winning, but what can I say, Bob picked the number and he is one lucky dog. I would say 400 people were there, and the staff at Knock Outs did such an amazing job. As packed as it was, they were phenomenal at keeping the drinks coming and the food was always piled high.
Now that all the planning is over, I wonder what am I going to do with my extra time?
For the past couple of days it hasn't mattered though since I've been hit with sickies. I feel like garbage and it took all of my energy to just take a shower today. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon so I can get back in my groove. I am missing the gym like crazy and feel totally out of focus. That's not a good feeling.
I am having a heck of a time writing this blog right now due to my lack of clarity. So instead of wasting any more of your time, enjoy some pics from Saturday's event.




Me, Tracy & Casey

Beautiful banner that brought tears to many eyes




Carrie & Aly, selling raffle tickets. They sold their hearts out!

Me and my brother


Jess & Jen



DJ's Rob & Mike, they were awesome.

4 comments:

JCharlton said...

That banner made me cry. I am so happy for your friend that this was such a huge success and that she has so many wonderful people surrounding she and her kids. I hope that you feel better. It is the hardest thing in the world to be sick and especially when you are supposed to be bright and cheery with the kids. Feel better soon!

nina beana said...

you are so amazing...what a wonderful tribute to what i'm guessing was an great person.

i hope you feel better soon...we'll be thinking of you today! xo

Mayren said...

Go Cavs!

Anonymous said...

amanda