Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Dad's Day






For me, today is a day of remembrance. I miss my Dad every single day, but day's like today are always a bit tougher. I have so many happy memories with my dad, and that is what I will spend a lot of today doing; thinking about the time I did get to spend with him. I only wish that he was here to see my babies born. Naming our son after my dad is the least I could do for a man who has done so much for me.
Today isn't going to be a sad day. Just the opposite. We are having Bob's Dad and Donna over, along with his sister Becky and her man Pete. I can't remember the last time Bob was able to spend father's day with his Dad.
Most of all, I want today to be as special as can be for Bob. He is such an amazing father and he deserves to be recognized for it. I never tire of watching him with Grace and Denny. It still makes my heart warm and my tummy tingle when I see him with them. And the way they both light up when they see their Daddy, it's priceless.
I feel so blessed having him as my husband and father to my children. Thank you Bob for creating such a beautiful life for our babies, and for making it all looks so darn easy. Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

You made me cry! what wonderful and touching words. Give Bob and great big hug for us and ENJOY your day with your family. You all deserve it!