Monday, August 28, 2006

Where Has The Time Gone?

Myself, Chris, Becky and Pete on our way to see Kenny Chesney.


Since my last post many days ago, things have been so busy. Non-stop fun and goodness before the end of summer. First things first, my girl Grace. She is a rockstar. Every night she has gone to bed in her own bed, without any crying. None! She lays right down, we leave the room and she sleeps until the moring. So really we only had one bad night, and that was the first night. So we are happy mom's and dad's over here.
Last Thursday was the Kenny Chesney concert. Such a good time. Becky and I didn't sit down the entire show. He played all his best songs and we danced the whole night. I've been to tons of concerts, and this was one of the best shows I've seen. That man has more energy than both my kids put together. He is non-stop!

Friday I spent cleaning and getting things ready for the cornhole tournament we were having on Saturday. That literally took me all day and evening. Luckily the kids were on good behavior and I got it all done.
Saturday morning Grandma Debbie and Papa Joe came and picked Grace and Denny up for a sleepover. We were looking forward to a kid-free day and night. The cornhole tourney was so fun, I'm actually sad it's over. All our favorite peeps turned up, we had tons of grub and a never ending flow a beer. We started the first game around 4, and ended playing 3 tournaments, which took until after 2am. Bob won the 2nd tournament, but then spent all his winnings on more beer and red bull. That's one of the things I love about him. He just wants everyone to have a good time at his house. The festivities finally ended around 5 am (yikes!) and I woke at 9am. I had big plans on sleeping late, but just couldn't do it.

Sunday I cleaned up while Bob went and picked up G&D. Then we spent some quality, fun time with the babies until bed time. It's nice having some time away from G&D, but it always amazes me how much we miss them and can't wait to get them back home.

I will post some pics from Saturday some other time, this thing isn't letting me do it right now.

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

I love that you still party like you always did! Awesome, I wish that you lived closer!