Wednesday, May 23, 2007

LITTLE GREEN THUMBS


Tuesday was superb. Yes, superb. It started with coffee and a visit from Tracy and Mia. We decided against the Zoo and instead went for a long walk with the babes. Then we went to a new Mexican restaurant for lunch, where both my kids ate more than any full size person should be able to eat. Denny did a flying leap out of the booth and made sure to go around to every table to say hello. It was quite a scene and I always wonder (not care) what people without kids are thinking.

When Bob got home we went to Lowe's and picked out flowers and plants for the front and back. All the neighbors were out and I was made fun of quite a bit as I stood and watched Bob work. Shovel in hand and everything, I stood there watching him for quite some time. Finally I got my hands dirty and so did G&D of course. What would I do without Bob? Probably have an overgrown lawn and flower beds filled with weeds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have grown to absolutely love gardening. I am a huge geek...but I swear I am so pleased with my flower beds this year. Emma helped me the whole time....and Brian stood by and watched....well he mowed the lawn!! heheee

JCharlton said...

I wish you were here, we would walk all the time. I love it! Tell Bob to come on over because I have no green thumb and end up killing anything I touch!

Tara said...

"Denny did a flying leap out of the booth and made sure to go around to every table to say hello. It was quite a scene and I always wonder (not care) what people without kids are thinking."

Speaking as a person without kids, it's children like yours that make me smile and wonder what I am missing out on.