Friday, July 27, 2007

GROUNDHOG DAY


Every day starts out the same. We wake up around 8. Denny and Grace see each other for the first time in the morning and get all excited then embrace in the sweetest hug. This hug is what gets me out of bed in the morning, it is a sight that I never tire of.

Then we have breakfast and G&D sit down together at their little table. At this point in time, everyone is still all smiles as the kids anticipate their pancakes and I talk about our plans for the day. Every morning Denny sits across from Grace at the table and says "Gracie's funny" over and over again.
Food is served, a couple bites are taken, then the fighting begins. Mama turns into referee before I am even close to finishing my first cup of coffee. I don't know if they fight so much because they are so close in age, or if all young ones fight this much. My brother and I are over 7 years apart in age, so I don't have anything to compare it to. All I know is that it's crazy; every day is crazy... but also beautful. Crazy beautiful.
Bob and I are off to the Indians game tonight (thanks Mom and Joe.) GO TRIBE!

1 comment:

Tara said...

You sounds like me. My brother is 10 years older than I am and we did very little arguing. My cousins, on the other hand, were years apart from each other and a day would not be complete without some sort of disagreement.