Friday, August 17, 2007

PARDON THE INTERUPTION

I know the point of this blog (at least when it was started a little over a year ago,) was to share pictures and stories of the kids, and to keep in touch with far away family & friends.

However, now that I am focused on this quit smoking thing, I will be blogging about the journey to becoming a non-smoker. I am sure it is boring to a lot of you, but it is therapeutic to me. I will, of course, continue to blog about the kids and other random-ness also. I promise my next post will be about a different topic and will have pics of G&D.

So, today sucked. 2 days make a difference. Today, I was so tired and sick to my stomach for at least an hour after each pill. I am taking them with food and lots of water, but the nausea is horrible. All I want to do is lay on the bathroom floor with my head in the toilet. Then there is my "attitude" problem. At first I blamed it on not smoking. But I am telling you, this time is different. I am miserable and seriously feel like a crazy person. I keep wondering if it is worth it. I know there will be good days and bad days, but the past 2 days have been BAD days. Then I get myself all worked up, wondering if there have been enough studies on the long term effects of taking Chantix. What if in 10 years all the people who took Chantix become clinically insane? Yes, this is the thoughts that are running through my mind during the day ( I won't even get into the dreams I've been having. )
That's it for today. Like I said, the next post will be filled with good thoughts and happy pictures of the good stuff I got going on over here.

3 comments:

Tasina said...

Well maybe for those of us that were kind of nuts before Chantix....we'll become normal! :)

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Just hang in there, Amanda. After the first few days it can get a little tougher, but it does get better. It will be worth it once you are through to the other side smoke-free. Keep going!

JCharlton said...

Clinically insane? I sure hope not, but that got a good laugh out of me at 7am this morning. Keep plugging away and try not to give up. How is Bob doing?