Friday, January 25, 2008

DEAR GOD


My favorite part of the day is the end of the day. Tucking the kids into their beds and saying prayers with them. We don't call them prayers around here anymore though. Denny named it "Dear God's." When he is ready for bed, he tells Bob and I, let's go do "Dear God's."

Denny goes first and he lays in his bed while Bob, Grace, Archie & I kneel next to his bed with our heads bowed and hands folded. He gives us something like this every night...

Dear God,
Thank you for Daddy, Mommy, Gracie & Archie.
Thank you for tacos.
Thank you for Grandma's & Grandpa's.
Thank you for dinner.
Thank you for my Aunties & Uncles.
Thank you for the garbage truck taking our stuff away.
Thank you for Katie & Tyler & Joey & Mia.
Thank you for my windows.
AMEN!

Grace's prayers are a little more serious, but sweet as can be. She usually says something along the lines of...

Dear God,
Thank you for this wonderful day.
Thank you for my birthday and my dance class.
Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Denny & Archie.
Thank you for all my stuff.
Please get Daddy home safely from work.
AMEN!

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

Love the prayers, so sweet and innocent! Have a great weekend!