Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TOGETHER WE REQUEST THE HONOR OF YOUR PRESENSE

I was at Target the other day without the kids. When I shop without children, I like to take time and browse the greeting cards. I don't know if you have ever tried looking at cards with kids in tow, but it is always a disaster.
While I was checking out some cards, there was a woman next to me who was bitching to her friend that she has 2 weddings coming up this summer. The girl (who looked about my age) was bitching and moaning about how much she hates attending weddings. I spent 15 minutes fake reading cards just so I could listen to her rant. Now this isn't the first time I have heard someone hate on weddings.
I don't know about you, but I love going to weddings/receptions. We have 4 this Summer and I am totally looking forward to them. I understand they can get expensive, but so is any night out. I look at a wedding as a big as party to celebrate love. It's a time to see old friends, get dressed up, drink way too much and dance. Weddings are the only time my hubby gets on the dance floor. Almost every wedding we've been too, the night ends with doing the worm and gator. What could be better than that my friends?

8 comments:

JCharlton said...

I would pay to see Bob doing the worm, I have such a visual!

Kara said...

I LOVE weddings!!! We just went to one a few weeks ago. It was beautiful. I drank too much wine and I am sure made a fool of myself on the dance floor, because when I woke up on Sunday I couldn't understand why my thighs hurt so bad.. Tom informed me I was 'getting low' on the dance floor. Sweet.

nina beana said...

i totally agree! i love wedding, too, and can't stand when people complain about them!

Anonymous said...

i hate weddings

Carie said...

I totally respect how you feel but I hate weddings, I hate putting on something to suck my fat in, something that I have to show my arms and legs in and paying a ton of money at each event hosted before and after the wedding as well. I have 5 this summer and am dreading every one!! I wish that I liked them. I wish people attended get togethers and parties like they go to weddings!!! I do love seeing my friends.

AMANDA said...

that smart ass anonymous is my lovely husband.

Mollie said...

LOLLLL!!!! That's hilarious Bob! I'm going to two weddings this summer, I haven't been to a wedding in years. Looking forward to them actually b/c 1. they're not in Ohio
2. one wedding is for two of my favorite people in the world & they know how to throw a rockin' party.

jenica said...

i love weddings so much i made it my business for awhile. i loved coordinating because i love the flowers, the photography, the fabric, the details, the dancing, and all the fun.

the hubs on the other hand, hates weddings. he doesn't like being around a bunch of people. and it's impossible to go through a big day like that without someone getting peed on.

she was just jealous.