Monday, June 05, 2006

Not such a Manic Monday


The dreaded Monday is here but I am happy to report, the day has been fabulous. First of all, there is not a cloud in the sky and it's the perfect temp of 75. About 9:30 this morning, I was getting the kids ready to go to the mall so I could buy some new shoes. I am not, in any way, shape, or form, a shopaholic. But I haven't bought a new pair of sandal's in over 2 years. When I do buy clothes, it is from Target. Unless I'm going on vacation, then I might splurge and buy an outfit from Express.
Anyway, we were about to walk out the door when Tracy called. She wanted to come over with her daughter Madison and hang out in the back yard, get some sun and drink some coffee. So I put my shopping trip on hold and brewed a fresh pot of cinnamon coffee. I pulled out a couple lawn chairs and filled the yard with toys galore. Grace, Madison and Denny played for a couple hours and then it was feeding time. Tracy is 8 months pregnant, so she was ready to CHOW. We went to Victoria's Cafe which is one of my favorite spots. It's owned by the nicest Greek family who adore children more than you can imagine. It's one of those spots where if the kids start throwing a fit, no body looks at you or thinks twice about it. It's just not a big deal.
After lunch we went over to Tracy's and the kids jumped on the trampoline. I had to join in on the jumpathon because Grace wouldn't go on it without me. I was secretly happy about it though because I'm a big fan of that toy. I wouldn't mind getting one for our back yard.
That was my day thus far. It's 4pm now and the kids are snoozing. I'm getting my hair cut tonight at 8 and then watching the Apprentice finale and then getting to bed early.

6 comments:

JCharlton said...

It sounds like Monday turned out much better then you had imagined, don't you just love surprises like that? I'm off to Olympic Day at my school today. Getting paid to hang out in the warm sun doesn't seem right, but I"m not complaining at all!

JCharlton said...

I think you need to fix your time settings because I'm definately not up at 3:08 am! AHH!

nina beana said...

i want to be neighbors! i want to come over and drink coffee too! your life sounds like it rocks, girl. you've got two of the cutest buddies to spend your day with.

AMANDA said...

Thaks Jen. I fixed it. You rock.

nina beana said...

i hope vince v. and stevie nicks don't take precedence over jen and i (judging from your links bar)! just kidding! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»