Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Labor Day Wrap Up

Grace & Jacob, our neighbors son
The sun came out shortly after my last post, around 4pm on Sunday. Thank God! We got the grill ready, called over some friends, brought the kids outside and started the end of summer celebration. Food, cocktails, bon fires and cornhole were all going strong until late into the night.


Denny playing hard to get with our friends daughter, Grace

On Monday, it was another nice day. Bob's mom came over and we had another cookout with her and Eric. After she left, the babies went to sleep, and Bob, Eric and I watched the History channel for 3 hours then called it a night. Tuesday Bob took off work because Eric was still here. We had big plans to do a ton of things, but we were all, including the kids, still beat from the previous few days. So we spent most of Tuesday relaxing and playing with G&D. Bob took Eric to the airport at 7 last night. I hated saying good bye to him. It really made me sad because I love having him around. He's so sweet, fun and funny.
Tuesday night I was psyched for my dirty little show, Nip/Tuck to start. I was a little disappointed with it, but hopefully it will get better. I'm sure it will.

Today I woke up to a quiet house. It's been full of people and laughter for so many days now, I was bummed out to be alone. So Tracy and Mia came over for coffee. Then we took the kids to the mall for a couple of hours. Grace and Denny love sitting in their stroller, people watching. I bought a new purse and a couple of headbands. I'm chopping my hair off Saturday; I need a new look. I want to give it to locks of love, but I don't know if it's long enough. I'll have to ask Tracy on Saturday. I hope everyone is having a good week so far.


The 2 Graces, playing with the hose


2 comments:

nina beana said...

hey! sounds like a great weekend.

i'm pretty sure you need 11 inches (or maybe it's 10) to send to locks- they have a website that explains everything. you may actually even be able to get a free cut if your cutter knows that you're doing it for the love. good for you mama- must post pictures!

JCharlton said...

I love love love Nip/Tuck, I had to DVR it because it was on way past my bedtime as a new mommy so we watched it last night. Last season is going to be hard to beat. It pushes the envelope all the time with its topics and it is sooooo great!