Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OF MICE AND MEN

Oh, what a great play. The acting was phenomanal. They stuck to the book to a T; we only noticed a couple of slight changes in the last few acts. Why change Steinbeck, right? When I read the book (both times) I didn't cry. But the play made me cry. I held it in as best I could, because it is the very last scene that turned me into a blubbering idiot. So as I'm about to lose it, the lights come on and the actors are on stage for the curtain call. I didn't hear anyone else "sniffling", so that's why I was trying not to let it out. If anyone wants to go, it's here until the 28th. I'll go again if you don't have anyone to go with :)

Us during the intermission

We just got home from Grace's 3 year check up. I am so proud of her. She wasn't scared one bit. She was actually talkative with the nurses and Doctor, and she passed all her "tests." She weighs 34 lbs and is 36 inches tall. Unfortunately, she's gonna get my short genes. At least Denny is gonna be a tall boy. And the good thing was there were no shots today!!!!!

Tomorrow MUMS group at Grace church starts back up, so Tracy & I are going to go to that. I'm looking forward to it, it's been a long time since we've been to one.

Hope you are all having a happy hump day!

3 comments:

JCharlton said...

Sounds like you had a great date with Bob. We all need those adult moments. You and I are so much alike. I take my camera everywhere I go and take pics of everything. Ro just rolls his eyes, but humors me anyhow! You and Bob are so in love you can just tell!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really nice, grown up evening. I forget what those are like. I hear ya about the short gene. Maggie is in the 5th percentile. Whatever the hell that means.

nina beana said...

glad you had fun gorgeous girlie.

also, my gray is 3.5 years old and weighs about 24 or 25 lbs! WTF? why are my kids so stinkin' small?