Tuesday, April 24, 2007

G, D & Joey with Gamma Debbie on Saturday afternoon

Sunday swim time

Lots of stuff going on around here since the last post. The weekend consisted of good weather, good friends, family, cook outs, bon fires and much more progress on the kitchen.
Saturday morning, Denny jumped out of his crib. I was up with Grace and heard a big bang, followed by some serious crying. I went into D's room, and there he was, on the floor, rubbing his head, saying "ouch, ouch." So Bob converted his crib into a bed, furnished with new Spiderman blankets and pillows. Since the conversion took place a few days ago, Denny will NOT nap. This is a problem for everyone. Normally he naps from 1-3 every day. That was my sane time. Time to shower, do things I need to do, check emails and blog, make phone calls, etc. I have lost that time now and Denny is one crabby little man come mid-afternoon because he is so exhausted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will get used to the bed and start napping again.

D in his new bed

Good news...Bob's little brother Eric got engaged to his girl Nicole while vacationing in the Virgin Islands over the weekend. Congrats guys!
More goodness, today my cousin Evan returns from the Zambia, where he spent 3 years doing work for the Peace Corps. Welcome home!
Last night I got a much needed cut and color from Tracy, then Jess and I went over to Tray's to watch the Bachelor. That show cracks me up and I can never get enough of it. I seriously wish I could watch the drama every night.

3 comments:

JCharlton said...

I'm so glad that you are back I've missed checking out your life. I knew you might be busy with the kitchen renovation. I can't wait to see new pics. I do not look forward to Seth giving up naps, I agree it is my sane time just to decompress. Good luck!

Kara said...

Ah, the lovely transition from crib to bed. We haven't done that w/Nolan yet. He has gotten out of his crib a couple of times. We are waiting to get into the house to go to a big boy bed. I am NOT looking forward to it! Good luck!

jenica said...

the best way that i've found to keep a toddler in bed for naptime is to just put him back and bed without saying a word... even though my first reaction is to yell, and then scream, and then cry. but if you do it over and over he'll hopefully realize that this is REALLY going to happen. i also invested in a gate and child-protected door handles. GOOD LUCK!!!